The School Counts program provides scholarship support for students who meet the established requirements during their high school careers. Students may use the scholarship for 4 semesters at Madisonville Community College and have 5 semesters from their high school graduation date to use the funds. All students receiving the School Counts scholarship are required to complete the FAFSA (MCC School Code 009010). If you are unsure if you have earned the School Counts Scholarship, please contact your High School Guidance Counselor or the MCC Financial Aid Office.
School Counts - Hopkins County Requirements
- Do not exceed five (5) unexcused absences in any year of high school
- Maintain at least an overall 2.5 GPA each year of high school
- Complete one more than the minimum course required for graduation
- Graduate on time - in four academic years
- Successfully complete an appeal, if needed, when one of the criteria is not met during the year. Students are notified over the summer if an appeal is necessary. If students do not take action to appeal, they will be removed from the program. Students will have only one chance to appeal and they are responsible for making the appeal.
- Complete the FAFSA
- Complete the School Counts! Intent to Enroll Form