Madisonville North Hopkins High School
Maroon Magic Dance Team Tryouts
Anyone interested in trying out for the Maroon Magic Dance Team will need to complete all forms and pay all fees. You may contact Coach Whitney Coke via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via cell phone (270)339-9945 for an additional packet or with questions or concerns.
Parent & Participant Meeting
Monday March 26th, 2018
5-6 PM at MNHHS
Monday, March 26th from 6 – 8:30PM @ MNHHS
Tuesday, March 27th from 5:30-8:30PM @ MNHHS
Friday, March 30th from 5:30-8:30PM @ MNHHS
Saturday, March 31st at 9AM
*Participants may arrive at 8:30AM to warmup, stretch, and review.
*Tryouts will begin promptly at 9AM.
*Participants may want to pack a snack and drink, as end time is unknown.
We hope to see you there!
The coaches of the Maroon Magic Dance Team are excited for another great year of dance team!
On Saturday March 31, 2018, the Maroon Magic Dance Team will be selected through tryouts. The number of members selected will be determined by the natural break in scores. The final score for your child will be determined by 1) Teacher Evaluations, 2) Coach Evaluation, and 3) the Judges.
There will be a MANDATORY parent/participant meeting on Monday March 26th, 2018, at the MNHHS Library. All participants must attend the meeting with a parent or guardian in order to tryout. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS. The coaches will review the dance team expectations, booster officers from the previous year will review finances, and all forms and fees must be turned in at this time.
Each potential dancer must have a KHSAA physical form filled out by a physician (if you have a current physical on file at your school, a copy must be sent or faxed to MNHHS, with attention to Dance Team). ALL INFORMATION MUST BE FILLED OUT! The parental consent and
insurance information must be completed as well or the participants will not be allowed to attend any clinics or tryout for the team.
The following items are required to try out and to be submitted at the meeting on March 26th.
- Completed KHSAA Physical.
- Signed Constitution & Demerit Policy.
- Signed Uniform Agreement
- $20 Clinic Fee. Cash only, exact change, in an envelope with child’s name on the
- A copy of your current grade report. If you have any failing grades, you cannot try out.
- A money order (made to MNHHS Dance Team Boosters) or exact cash in the amount of $260.00 to cover NDA camp deposit. Please place money in a self-addressed envelope in case the participant does not make the team. Refunds will be mailed on Monday, April 17th.
- Four teacher/coach recommendations. MUST be in a sealed envelope, with seal signed by the teacher/coach. Only 1 recommendation can be a coach and MUST be current teachers.
PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK THAT YOU HAVE ALL REQUIRED PAPERWORK SO THAT THINGS WILL GO AS SMOOTHLY AS POSSIBLE DURING TRYOUTS!