WE ENFORCE ALL SCHOOL RULES. IF IT’S A RULE IN SCHOOL, IT’S A RULE IN HERE.
- Follow all directions from all adults.
- Keep your hands, feet, etc., to yourself. No horseplay.
Rules for computer lab use:
- Computer Lab is a Learning zone, as long as you are using your computers according to the District's Acceptable Use Policy.
- Keep your voice down.
- No food or drink near the computers.
- Stay out of the teachers’ space—you may not go into cabinets, desks, or the teachers’ chair.
- Use only YOUR account—no one else’s. Keep your password secret.
- You can bring homework\classwork to the lab to be completed. If you have work to do, you will not be allowed to get on a computer until you have completed it and I have checked to make sure it's ready to be turned in.
- Examples of work: homework\classwork, typing a paper; doing extra credit work; researching an academic topic that your teacher assigns (from history, science, etc.); playing games that relate to what you are studying; practicing typing, or learning the features of a program like Word, Excel or Google—in other words, anything that makes you smarter!
- Things that are NOT work: going to websites about sports, clothing, bands, cars, music videos, etc.; ONLY games that are meant for your grade level (like Starfall, PBS Kids, Animal Jam) or are just for fun unless you have to complete something for the Homeroom teachers —in other words, anything that doesn't take away from learning, but is considered down time.
IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO FOLLOW THE RULES, YOU ARE CHOOSING NOT TO USE THE COMPUTERS