Grades 1-12 Registration

  • To enroll a child in Hopkins County Schools, the student's legal/permanent residence must be in Hopkins County. To find out which school your child should attend, call the Department of Pupil Personnel at 270-825-6000 or go to the School Attendance Zones website or contact your local school.



    Transferring within the district:

    • Parent or Guardian must register child at his/her new school. Student must live in the school district where they register.
    • Receiving school will request records from previous school.

    Transferring from out of district or out of state:

    Enrolling will be made easier if you provide the following information when you enroll your child:

    Students who are enrolling from Out of State also must have:

      • Physical Examination

        702 KAR 1:160 requires each child first entering a Kentucky public school or entering Grade 6 to present a Kentucky Preventative Health Care Examination Form.  This exam may be completed up to one year prior to initial entry. 

      • Eye Examination within 30 days after they enroll
        All new students must have an eye exam performed by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist that is documented on a Kentucky Eye Examination form for school entry.  This evidence shall be submitted to the school no later than January 1 of the first year a child is enrolled in the public school system.


    • Proof of Residency (see details at link below) ** must be provided for all new students and those who have moved to a new residence.
    • All transfers from out-of-state or non-public schools will be placed on hold until student records are reviewed. Therefore, providing records could expedite the process.
    • If a student has a medical condition, please provide documentation from a medical provider.
    • If your child currently receives Special Education Services, bring a copy of the current IEP or 504 Plan.
    • A Release of Records must be signed at the school where your child is enrolling for us to request records from his/her previous school.

    ** Proof of Residency (pdf)