Grades 1-12 Registration
To enroll a child in Hopkins County Schools, the child must reside in Hopkins County with a parent or court appointed legal custodian (guardian). To find out which school your child should attend, call the Director of Pupil Personnel at 825-6000. You may call the school your child will attend for additional enrollment information.
To save time in the registration process, the parent may print and fill out forms in advance.
GRADES 1-12 ENROLLMENT
Transferring within the district:
- Parent or Guardian (proof of guardianship required - not educational guardianship) must register child at his/her new school. Student must live in the school district where they register.
- Receiving school will request records from previous school if transferring within the district.
Transferring from out of district or out of state:
Enrolling will be made easier if you provide the following information when you enroll your child:
- Certified Birth Certificate
If an official certificate is not provided, the parent/guardian must present one within 30 days after the student enrolls or the Kentucky State Police will be notified.
- Kentucky Immunization Certificate
- Social Security Card for us to copy
- Student/Household Enrollment Form
Students who are enrolling from Out of State also must have:
- Physical Examination
702 KAR 1:160 requires each child first entering a Kentucky public school or entering Grade 6 to present a Kentucky Preventative Health Care Examination Form. This exam may be completed up to one year prior to initial entry.
- Eye Examination within 30 days after they enroll
All new students must have an eye exam performed by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist that is documented on a Kentucky Eye Examination form for school entry. This evidence shall be submitted to the school no later than January 1 of the first year a child is enrolled in the public school system.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS FOR PARENTS:
- If your child currently receives Special Education Services, bring a copy of the current IEP or 504 Plan.
- A Release of Records must be signed at the school where your child is enrolling for us to request records from his/her previous school.