Grades 1-12 Registration
To enroll a child in Hopkins County Schools, the student's legal/permanent residence must be in Hopkins County. To find out which school your child should attend, call the Department of Pupil Personnel at 270-825-6000 or go to the School Attendance Zones website or contact your local school.
GRADES 1-12 ENROLLMENT
Transferring within the district:
- Parent or Guardian must register child at his/her new school. Student must live in the school district where they register.
- Receiving school will request records from previous school.
Transferring from out of district or out of state:
Enrolling will be made easier if you provide the following information when you enroll your child:
- Certified Birth Certificate
If an official certificate is not provided, the parent/guardian must present one within 10 days after the student enrolls or the Kentucky State Police will be notified.
- Kentucky Immunization Certificate
- Social Security Card for us to copy
- Copy of school records
Students who are enrolling from Out of State also must have:
- Physical Examination
702 KAR 1:160 requires each child first entering a Kentucky public school or entering Grade 6 to present a Kentucky Preventative Health Care Examination Form. This exam may be completed up to one year prior to initial entry.
- Eye Examination within 30 days after they enroll
All new students must have an eye exam performed by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist that is documented on a Kentucky Eye Examination form for school entry. This evidence shall be submitted to the school no later than January 1 of the first year a child is enrolled in the public school system.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS FOR PARENTS:
- Proof of Residency (see details at link below) ** must be provided for all new students and those who have moved to a new residence.
- All transfers from out-of-state or non-public schools will be placed on hold until student records are reviewed. Therefore, providing records could expedite the process.
- If a student has a medical condition, please provide documentation from a medical provider.
- If your child currently receives Special Education Services, bring a copy of the current IEP or 504 Plan.
- A Release of Records must be signed at the school where your child is enrolling for us to request records from his/her previous school.
** Proof of Residency (pdf)