Grades 1-12 Registration
To enroll a child in Hopkins County Schools, the student's legal/permanent residence must be in Hopkins County. To find out which school your child should attend, call the Director of Pupil Personnel at 270-825-6000.
GRADES 1-12 ENROLLMENT
Transferring within the district:
- Parent or Guardian (proof of guardianship required - not educational guardianship) must register child at his/her new school. Student must live in the school district where they register.
- Receiving school will request records from previous school if transferring within the district.
Transferring from out of district or out of state:
Enrolling will be made easier if you provide the following information when you enroll your child:
- Certified Birth Certificate
If an official certificate is not provided, the parent/guardian must present one within 30 days after the student enrolls or the Kentucky State Police will be notified.
- Kentucky Immunization Certificate
- Social Security Card for us to copy
- Student/Household Enrollment Form
Students who are enrolling from Out of State also must have:
- Physical Examination
702 KAR 1:160 requires each child first entering a Kentucky public school or entering Grade 6 to present a Kentucky Preventative Health Care Examination Form. This exam may be completed up to one year prior to initial entry.
- Eye Examination within 30 days after they enroll
All new students must have an eye exam performed by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist that is documented on a Kentucky Eye Examination form for school entry. This evidence shall be submitted to the school no later than January 1 of the first year a child is enrolled in the public school system.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS FOR PARENTS:
- If your child currently receives Special Education Services, bring a copy of the current IEP or 504 Plan.
- A Release of Records must be signed at the school where your child is enrolling for us to request records from his/her previous school.