KRS 158.030---any child who is five years of age or who may become five years of age by August 1st may enter a public kindergarten; any child who is six years old or may become six years of age by August 1st shall attend public school.
Kindergarten is compulsory. All children must attend.
A child/parent must provide the following:
- A legal birth certificate or other reliable proof* of age and identification
- A Social Security Card
- An up-to-date immunization certificate
- School entrance physical exam on a Kentucky form
- Current eye exam by an optometrist/ophthalmologist
- Dental screening or examination on a Kentucky form
- No phone registrations
* Types of "other reliable proof" of a student's identity and age may include but not be limited to Social Security card; passport; military identification or immigration card; baptismal certificate; copy of the record of baptism – notarized or duly certified and which reflects the date of the student’s birth; recording of student’s name and birth in a family Bible or other religious text; notarized statement from the parents or another relative or guardian as to the date of the student’s birth; prior school record indicating the date of the student’s birth; driver’s license or learner’s permit; adoption record; any religious record authorized by a religious official; affidavit of identity and age; any government document or court record reflecting the date of the student’s birth; oral proof when the native language of a parent or guardian is not a written language.
STUDENTS MUST REGISTER IN THE SCHOOL DISTRICT THAT IS THE LEGAL/PERMANENT RESIDENCE OF THE LEGAL GUARDIAN EVEN IF REQUESTING SPECIAL PERMISSION. Proof may be required.
An updated, interactive Enrollment Packet will be available soon. This will include the Student Registration Form. Please check back.