Our district is working each day to provide a great place for students to learn, teachers to teach, employees to work, and parents to send their children for an excellent education. During our return to learning this fall, we are committed to listening and responding to your experiences as a parent or guardian to student(s) in our school system. Our partners at Studer Education are providing an opportunity for you to provide feedback anonymously, at the link below.
Please take a few minutes to complete the 90-Day Parent/Caregiver Survey at this link: Parent/Caregiver Survey Link.
The survey is scheduled to open December 4 and remain open through December 11.
The survey takes approximately 5 minutes to complete. Your feedback will be used to celebrate our successes and to create action plans for improvement associated with our return to school. Your input is valuable; please take a few minutes to complete the survey.
Thank you for your interest in and support of your child’s education with us. Please contact Ms. Richey if you have any questions concerning the survey.
Our goal is to provide you a great learning environment whether you are learning at school or home or online. To help us do that better, we need your help.
This short survey will help us learn more about your experiences with your teacher(s) and your learning environment. Your responses are anonymous, meaning no one can match your responses with you.
The survey will take less than 5 minutes to complete. Click here to take the survey: Student Survey Link.
Please take the survey soon as it will close on 12/11/2020.
Thank you for helping us make your learning experience better!
Click the video below for important information from Ms. Richey and Mrs. Hibbs.
Picture Day will be rescheduled.
Free MealsHopkins County Schools will operate under #HCSatHome (NTI) until at least Monday, Nov. 30. During #HCSatHome, meal pickup at schools and delivery to community stops will occur daily from Monday through Friday, with one breakfast and lunch available per day.When picking up at schools, parents also have the option of picking up meals for all five days at one time on Wednesdays.Meals may be picked up daily at any school from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.Evening pickup will be available only on Wednesdays from 2-5:30 p.m. at Earlington Elementary, Grapevine Elementary, Hanson Elementary, Madisonville North Hopkins, and West Hopkins.Meals may be picked up at any available school location, even if your child doesn’t attend that school.Community stops are listed on the following website. Community Stops
Last Mile Internet
Great news!!! The "Last Mile Internet" grant with KDE will create up to 234 mobile hotspots for qualifying students. To see if you qualify, follow these steps:
- Student/parent/guardian can call 270-821-8114 (PACS office). PACS will have an application process and will give the student/parent/guardian a voucher that they will then bring to their school.
- After bringing the voucher to the school, we will inform our Tech Dept. and they will get a hotspot set up for that student/household.
- The hotspots are from Kajeet with AT&T service. The hotspots can be remotely managed and filtered.
- Students/Parents/Guardians can call Kajeet support directly for help with their hotspot at any time (we will send more information on that when we get it).
- All hotspots will be active starting Nov. 3rd, 2020.
Workforce Connections @ Madisonville Community College
Click here for information about a welding class opportunity for anyone 18 and older.
SHMS Week-at-a-Glance Links
- W1: 8/26/2020 - 8/28/2020
- W2: 8/31/2020 - 9/4/2020
- W3: 9/8/2020 - 9/11/2020
- W4: 9/14/2020 - 9/18/2020
- W5: 9/21/2020 - 9/25/2020
- W6: 9/28/2020 - 10/2/2020
- W7: 10/12/2020 - 10/16/2020
- W8: 10/19/2020 - 10/23/2020
- W9: 10/26/2020 - 10/30/2020
- W10: 11/4/2020 - 11/6/2020
- W11: 11/9/2020 - 11/13/2020
- W12: 11/16/2020 - 11/20/2020
- W13: 11/23/2020 - 11/24/2020
- W14: 11/30/2020 - 12/4/2020
- W15: 12/7/2020 - 12/11/2020
*Please use the websites linked in the "Quick Links" section below to access Odysseyware, IXL, and Study Island.
Where all students are challenged to reach their highest potential in a supportive environment.