Welcome to WestHopkinsBand.Com
Band Assignment for Jan. 23rd :
THIS IS AN INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT, NO PARTNERS
Today you get to be a musicologist. That's a person who studies music.
Your assignment is to choose ONE of the topics below. Open a google doc, write your answer and send it to email@example.com before the end of class. You MAY use wikipedia as a source. Start with a google search of your chosen topic.
1. A 3 paragraph history of Rock and Roll written in your own words (not cut and paste)
2. A 3 paragraph history of jazz in your own words.
3. A 3 paragraph history of bluegrass, in your own words.
4. A 3 paragraph history of country music in your own words.
5. A 3 paragrph history of your instrument (in your own words).
6. A 3 paragraph biography of a musician (in your own words).
7. Step by step process on how drumsticks are made (in your own words).
8. Step by step process how reeds are made (in your own words).
9. Step by step process on how to oil valves and grease slides (in your own words).
10. Step by step process on how cymbals are made (in your own words).
All District Band Jan. 10th
UT-Martin Honor Band Jan. 23-25
Middle School All State Band Jan. 31-Feb. 1
Concert Festival March
Holiday World Music Festival May 9th
Follow us on Twitter: @WestHopkinsBand
We are building a database of all West Hopkins HS band alumni and HCCHS Band Alumni:
For West Hopkins HS:
For Hopkins County Central HS:
Please take a few minutes and complete this form. If you were a part of the transitional years and attended both schools, please fill out both forms.