COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
Hopkins County Schools is providing this website as a resource during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please be alert for additional updates as we move forward. It is our goal to do everything possible to help during this pandemic and to keep our students and community safe.
Rapid COVID Testing
Rapid COVID testing is available for all students enrolled in Hopkins County Schools. These tests are done by the school nurse. A student must have a general clinic consent as well as a separate COVID consent on file. Please call your school clinic for an appointment. Please do not send your child to school if they have COVID symptoms or you are concerned; call the school nurse to make an appointment.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to monitor their children for signs of infectious illness every day. Students who have symptoms or who have had a close contact or potential exposure to someone with COVID-19 should not attend school in-person. If a child has symptoms of COVID-19, students can be tested by the school nurse at their school by making an appointment or you can reach out to your healthcare provider to discuss testing. People with one or more of the following symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Prevent the Spread
Know how it spreads
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person:
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some recent studies have suggested that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
- Wash your hands often;
- Avoid close contact;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others;
- Cover coughs and sneezes;
- Clean and disinfect;
- Monitor your health daily