COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
Hopkins County Schools is providing this website as a resource during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please be alert for additional updates as we move forward. It is our goal to do everything possible to help during this pandemic and to keep our students and community safe.
Prevent the Spread
Know how it spreads
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person:
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks.
- These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Some recent studies have suggested that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
- Wash your hands often;
- Avoid close contact;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others;
- Cover coughs and sneezes;
- Clean and disinfect;
- Monitor your health daily