Middle/High Gifted Services
How to Document GT Services in Infinite Campus if you are a Teacher
Step by Step Instructions for documenting GT services for each student.
Examples of services that can be documented in Infinite Campus.
Technology Strategies for GT Students
Kahoots - is a totally fee interactive website that lets you create games to engage your students in learning.
Socrative- is a totally free interactive website that lets you engage students using technology.
Activities for GT Students
Independent Study Contract (download in Word)
Independent Study Contract (google docs)
Differentiate your lessons
Examples of instruction using tiered instruction differentiation:
Product Choice List (Literature Circle Products), but can be adapted to any content area
Alternatives to traditional homework
Awesome Chart for Teachers- Alternatives to Traditional Homework ~ Educational Technology and Mobile Learning
GT Helpful Hints for Teachers ~ Classroom guide to implementing gifted teaching techniquesExamples of Ways to Differentiate - Database (Multiple Grade Levels)
Underachievement - From the National Association of Gifted ChildrenUnderachievement is the unanticipated difference between accomplishment and ability.Underachievement is a very complex situation with many possible interwoven causes. Among the areas to explore are:
- social issues such as peer pressure;
- psychological issues such as emotional sensitivities or perfectionism;
- undiagnosed learning disabilities;
- lack of interest in curriculum or curriculum is not challenging and engaging;
- low teacher expectations, especially with twice-exceptional, minority, and students from low-income backgrounds.
Gifted Education BLOGS
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is my 30th year in education. Business Education was my teaching field for 21 years where I taught Accounting, Principles of Teaching, Multimedia Publishing, Webpage Design, Introduction to Business, and an array of marketing courses. This is my ninth year serving students in the Gifted and Talented program for Hopkins County Schools. I hold a Bachelor of Science Degree from Western Kentucky University, a Master of Arts in Education from Murray State University, and I obtained my Rank 1 through Indiana Wesleyan. My endorsements include gifted and talented, and middle grades business, marketing. I'm married with two children.
Other involvement includes
- member of Kentucky Association of Gifted Education
- member of National Education Association, Kentucky Education Association, and Hopkins County Education Association
- member of Noon Kiwanis Club
- serve as a liaison to both Hopkins County Central and Madisonville North Hopkins Key Club
- member of Hopkins County Fair Board
- co-director of Miss Preteen Hopkins County Fair pageant
- 2013 High School Teacher of the Year - Hopkins County
- 2021 Kentucky Association of Gifted Education Service and Advocacy Award
Independent Study Agreement
File is a Microsoft Word document for personalization.
This handout is tailored for Language Arts, but could easily be edited for other content areas.
District MS & HS Talent CompetitionThe 2015 District Competition in the Talent Show Series was held April 30 for Middle School and High School. High school winners are Paige Blakeley – 1st Place; Sarah Shaw and Kate Wilhite – 2nd Place; and Savana Poole – 3rd Place. Middle school winners are Vera Fischer – 1st Place; Blade Byrum – 2nd Place; and Hannah Funkhouser – 3rd Place.