MAP (Measures of Academic Progress)
A Tool for Teachers
Created by educators for educators, MAP assessments provide detailed, actionable data about where each child is on their unique learning path. Because student engagement is essential to any testing experience, NWEA works with educators to create test items that interest children and help to capture detail about what they know and what they’re ready to learn. It’s information teachers can use in the classroom to help every child, every day.
Adapting the Test to the Student
MAP dynamically adapts to a student’s responses – as they take the test.
- Answer a question correctly and the test presents a more challenging item
- Miss a question, and MAP offers a simpler item
In this way, the test narrows in on a student’s learning level, engaging them with content that allows them to succeed.
A complete set of assessments is available, each aligned to national and state curricula and standards:
- MAP: Reading, mathematics and language
- MAP for Primary Grades: Reading and mathematics
- Science Assessment: Concepts, processes and general science