GENERAL INFORMATION FOR RETIREMENT
If you are planning to retire from Hopkins County Schools, please review the appropriate retirement policy for classified or certified staff.
- Submit a letter of resignation/retirement to your immediate supervisor.
- The HR department will assign an 'exit checklist' to you. You will receive this in your email. Make sure that you log on and complete all assigned tasks in the Records system to complete your exit process.
- Make arrangements to return items such as your ID badge, keys, etc. to the school principal.
- Visit the KTRS or KRS websites to get further information pertaining to your retirement.
KENTUCKY TEACHERS' RETIREMENT INFORMATION
- KTRS website for members
- CLICK HERE to see TRS Service Retirement Information Sheet.
- KRS 161.623 - Use of unused sick-leave days to determine service credit
KENTUCKY RETIREMENT SYSTEM INFORMATION