Mission of the Academy
The mission of Hopkins County Schools Academy will be to positively intervene with students who currently are not succeeding in the traditional school environment.
The student population to be served in HCSA shall include:
those who find themselves credit deficient and at the risk of not graduating;
those in need of a less than traditional setting; and/or
those who need individualized programs which parallel local district standards.
- HCSA will utilize flexible scheduling to meet student and district needs and instruction will focus on preparing students to be proficient according to Commonwealth standards.
- The student who is in need of an alternative school environment will be provided with the curricula and resources to enable the student to master life skills that are critical to social, emotional, and academic growth ensuring his success as an adult.
- HCSA will involve parents. Through interaction between school and home, parents will be informed about techniques and strategies to work effectively with their children.
- HCSA will provide positive reinforcement
- HCSA will define clear, explicit student expectations
- HCSA will provide consistent, firm, and fair behavior management in an environment that is conducive to learning