Return to Headlines

Special Permission Request Details

Link: 2024-2025 Special Permission Request Form

Hopkins County students are required to attend school in their assigned attendance school zone. Parents may visit to determine the school zone to which their address belongs.

Students wanting to attend outside of their assigned school zone may only do so if they are approved through a Special Permission Transfer request during the specified window.

The district will accept Special Permission Transfer requests for schools operating at less than 90% student capacity. Families do not have to submit a new application for special permission students if their student has previously received special permission to attend the same school. A new application will be needed if the student will be transitioning to a new school. Please note that information on attendance, grades and behavior must be attached to the application. Parents may access this information through the Parent Portal. 

Applications may be submitted for the following schools: Browning Springs Middle School, Grapevine Elementary School, Hanson Elementary School, Hopkins County Central High School, James Madison Middle School, Jesse Stuart Elementary School, Pride Elementary School, South Hopkins Middle School, and West Hopkins School. 

Applications for schools with availability will only be accepted from Feb. 1 through April 1, 2024. The form will be available after 8 a.m. on Feb. 1 on the district website, (Please go to the DPP page and scroll down to shared files.) Applications may also be picked up at the Board of Education’s Central Office starting on that date. Completed applications must be mailed or hand-delivered to the Central Office; applications will not be accepted at the school level or through email.

Requests will be processed in the order received by the Central Office Department of Pupil Personnel, 320 S. Seminary St., Madisonville. Applications will be reviewed by the DPP Office and the requested school on an individual basis. Approval or denial letters will be mailed by May 1. For more information, contact Hopkins County Schools Department of Pupil Personnel at (270) 825-6000.